Saturday, January 21, 2012

Strange coincidence? I think not!

Story time!
Tonight at church when the announcements were scrolling on the screen before service I noticed one stuck out to me.  I did not pay much attention to it at the moment.  During worship we sang a song that was talking about giving everything to God and letting him take hold of us.  I was getting a little emotional, I didn't understand so much at the time why this happened either. Well church ended and I am in the car and I see I have a message from my best friend.  She said they raised over $2,000 dollars for a Brazil mission trip they are going on! I was so excited for her and them as a team! (side note keep them all in your prayers!)  Then I glanced down at the church bulletin from the service and see that announcement that grabbed my attention before service.
"Romania (orphan ministry)   June 29- July 8     Application Deadline January 31
           *(Informational Meeting on January 22 at 10:30 in the conference room" 


I was thinking "WHAT IS THE DATE TODAY!?" an automatic panic that I missed the meeting! It is tomorrow! And right after I read the bulletin my friend sent me another message saying "you should go on a mission trip if you get the opportunity"  Then I am confident that I just HAVE to go to this meeting tomorrow, I just feel that God wants me to go to it.  So I ask Katy to pray for me.  Then I send my cousin a message asking her to pray for me during this meeting because I am not to sure what to expect.  Then her response just BLEW MY MIND!  She said she had already wrote my name down to pray for me, but at the time she was not too sure of why, she just did.  But once I asked her  to pray it was all clear to her, and to me.  I dont think at all that this was all a coincidence but I think GOD Himself placed these events in order just to get my attention on the subject. In fact I dont just think I KNOW!
I just have to take a moment and thank God for showing me this tonight. It is an amazing feeling I have right now and I am so glad for it!

Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you," we can boldly quote, "God is there, ready to help; I'm fearless no matter what. Who or what can get to me?" 
 Hebrews 13:5-6 -The Message 
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 
Psalm 8:3-4

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and proud of you for taking this leap of faith! I know you will have an amazing life changing experience in Romania and I a just so excited about you going! :)

    ReplyDelete